Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Dhannnsarii Zone

I open my eyes and find myself in a clinically neat room. I find my hand is resting on my cr**ch and move it away in disgust. I see a huge 4 by 2 mirror on the wall .This is not my room. I walk to the mirror and am shocked to be confronted by the bloated, mishappen shape that is known to most of UG1 as Pondy. I scream and stop in disgust upon hearing the voice that comes out. Its nasal, whiny and resonates in my head . Wait, the thoughts in my head still are mine .But for how long??
I realize there's an assignment to be finished. They could not spare us in the holidays either ,could they?? .I see what time it is in my wristwatch and see its 10A.M and wonder what Pondy is doin in my body (Ive seen enough movies to know thats how it works).
I head for the lab .All through the way ,Im confronted with frowns and filthy sideway looks(except for rangeela, who winks at me).It is not surprising ,when I really think about it. I am Pondy for now,concentrate on the assignment .
I am inexplicably drawn to the EC lab. I give in to the urge to enter,and see JNT smiling leeringly at me. He says he needs to speak to me. I go to his cubicle ,and he opens multisim and starts explaining why it is wrong and how nobody believes him. He was baring his soul to me, babbling about how I was the only person who believed in him and went on and on and somewhere within the smouldering repulsion,I felt a twinge of affection .It started as a thought,but the next thing I knew ,I was facing him ,my hand on his shoulder and was drawing myself closer to him.
I came to my senses a few inches away from his face and ran out of the lab.
This cannot be happening .Am I becoming him (?) ?? Is he(?) becoming more like me too?? where will this end??? I hurry to the hostel.Ive got to find myself and sort this out. All the way back to the hostel .I catch myself staring at a senior wearing a short jammies.
this is not happening.Im trapped in Pondy.
to be continued............